What should I expect in my first year at OSU?
- FST Peer Mentors will contact incoming freshmen and new transfer students to introduce themselves
- Your mentor is an FST student and has been in your shoes before. Ask them about classes, professors, where to eat, or anything else
- FST Peer Mentors will invite you to fun events throughout the year
- These events will help acquaint you with the Food Science and Technology Department and it’s a great way to meet other students in your major
- You’ll also be able to gain hands-on experience in the pilot plants before your first food science course
What are the benefits of being a FST Peer Mentor?
- Strengthen leadership skills while connecting with students, faculty, & external stakeholders throughout the department
- Serve as a resource for newer students and share your experiences adapting to FST & The Ohio State University
- Increased involvement in departmental activities and additional scholarship opportunities
- Interested in being a FST Peer Mentor? Learn more here