About Me

pic7

My name is Matthew Friedman. I am from Solon Ohio which is about 20 minutes southeast of Cleveland. There I graduated from solon high school with honors. I am currently a pre CSE major. My goal is to be hired into a large tech company like google or Microsoft. If not I would like to be working for the service industry in a place like Penske. I value honesty above all.

I came to college to get a BA and possibly a Masters in Computer Science & engineering. I got interested in this field during high school when I started taking computer science classes my junior and senior year. My Computer Science teacher, Daniel McKeen, really helped me understand my love of coding by giving me extra projects to devolpe my skills.  Since I was young I was always passionate in the field of STEM sciences and I plan to continue this throughout my lifetime . I intend to pursue these by taking STEM classes all throughout my time at OSU as well as the classes need to graduate with a degree for computer science and engineering.

As I stated before my goal is to eventually work in the computer science service or development field. During high school I enjoyed my job at Heinen’s grocery store where I was a bagger/cashier. There I bagged and rang groceries for customers for about 15 hours a week. In the future I would like to be involved in the code that will save lives or make the daily lives of people easier and better.

I feel I belong in the OSU STEM Scholars program. I have contributed to the community in the past by volunteering for my local marching band at the high school concessions stands and as a guide to new  bands at the annual band show. Next semester I am going to be in the athletic band and next year I plan to try out for the marching band.