Welcome Dietetic Intern, Angel DiPangrazio!

My name is Angel DiPangrazio and I am a dietetic intern at Utah State University. I am currently in my community rotation with OSU Extension Franklin County’s SNAP-Ed Program. Before starting my internship, I worked for the Franklin County WIC program for a year and absolutely loved getting to work with women, infants, and children in the community. I have a huge heart for working with those in the community and hope to continue this passion as I start my dietetics career.

This week I had the opportunity to join SNAP-Ed Program Coordinator, Danielle Seidita, at the Linden Fresh Market to talk to the community about the free nutrition classes SNAP-Ed offers and about MyPlate. We made Celebrate Your Plate’s Apple Oatmeal Muffins for folks to taste, provided the recipe, and distributed a class flyer with upcoming SNAP-Ed class dates. It was such a great opportunity to raise awareness about resources that are available as well as provide fun recipes and inspiration for how people can use the produce they pick at the market!

I also had the opportunity to join OSU Extension’s dietitian, Jenny Lobb, at All People’s Fresh Market food pantry for an ‘Ask a Dietitian’ table. We provided handouts on MyPlate, a pocket pal for understanding food labels, and a food magazine with fun and easy recipe ideas including fruits and vegetables. People would stop by as they shopped in the market and would ask any questions they had about food or nutrition. It was such a wonderful way to meet those in the community and make nutrition and health information easily accessible!

Join Us! Upcoming SNAP-Ed Classes:

The Linden Market Spring 2022

The Connection Center For All People _Spring 2022

FCS Educator, Jenny Lobb, and Dietetic Intern, Angel DiPangrazio, at All People’s Fresh Market, 2021

Pictured above is Dietetic Intern, Angel DiPangrazio, at The Linden Market, 2021