My First Week at OSU

Contemplating my first week at OSU, I naturally had some things I feared and others I was excited for. The thing that I feared most was the bathroom situation. It terrified me, I thought the bathroom was going to be disgusting because it is communal. Although they are not ideal or perfect, they are not as bad as I had anticipated. The thing I was most excited for was the experience of just day-to-day life. For the most part, everything about student life at OSU is independent. It’s really nice having just a couple classes a day, going out to eat with friends, and doing other similar activities. Overall, the first week has gone very well. I’ve just been carrying on doing what I need to, and trying to find my place on campus as an OSU student. The one thing I can say I am still unsure about is calculus, I don’t know if I fully comprehend all the material during the lectures, but I know that there are numerous resources the University offers in math tutoring. As well, I have friends who have offered their assistance should I need it (and of course only when it is appropriate). In regards to expectations for OSU, I expect a worthwhile education and to develop some type of sense of community. In regards to expectations for the Humanities Scholars Program, I expect some guidance in adapting to life as a university student and a sense of community as well. Overall, it has been a good week and I expect things to continue upwards from here.