Jess

Hello! My name is Jessica Fraley. I was born and raised in Columbus. I have two older siblings, who both attended college. My parents and most of my family are from Kentucky. Growing up, my family spent every summer in KY, so I spent a lot of time outdoors. I loved it. Every time I took a walk through the woods, I felt like I was pioneering new lands- it was an adventure. That is where, I think, I fostered my love for the environment. I didn’t have the same opportunity in Columbus. In the city, I found my love of people. One of the best things about Columbus is its diversity. Throughout my life, I’ve had the privilege of meeting all kinds of people who inspired me to want to give back. Now that I have the opportunity to carve out my own little place in the world, I want to make it a valuable one. That’s why I want to be a nurse.

Right now, I am in pre-nursing at OSU. If I do well in all of my classes this year, and ace the application, hopefully I will be in the BSN (Bachelors of Science in Nursing) program next year. I am also a first-year in the ENR program. I hope this program will allow me to have outdoor adventures and teach me how I can help make the environment healthier.

After I attain my BSN, I might decide to continue on and get my Masters. However, after I’m done with school completely, my goal is to become a traveling nurse. I would get to live my dream of traveling the world while also helping people as I go.

My favorite thing about ENR is going to be the outdoor adventure. I love being outdoors and doing new things. I’m very excited for this part natureof the program. I also think it’s important to learn about and care for our environment because all our lives are dependent on the health of our environments. I’m ready to do my part in nursing the environment back to health. I didn’t know or think a lot about sustainability until I read “The Good Food Revolution” by Will Allen. After reading it, I wondered why everyone wasn’t striving towards sustainability. I’m interested in learning more about it and trying to integrate it into my lifestyle.

I’m very excited for the upcoming school year and my next four years at OSU. I hope that I can give back to the community as much as it gave to me.