Graduate Research Associate / Graduate Research Scholars
Conner L. Schabel
- Upasana Abbott (1998-2000)
- Ken Khiron (1996-1998)
- Sadhana Ravishankar (1999-2001)
- C. Adhikari (1997-1999)
- Srilatha Pandrangi (2003-04)
- Siquan Li (2004-05)
- Juhee Ahn (2004-06)
- Silvia DeLamo-Castellvi (2007)
- Hossein Daryaei (2009-12)
- Sunghee Park (2012-2013)
- Sergio I. Martinez-Monteagudo (2013-2014)
- G. Akdemir Evrendilek, Department of Food Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Mustafa Kemal University, Turkey. Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) (2005 Summer).
- Navin Rastogi, Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore, India. Overseas research associateship, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, New Delhi (03/06-03/07).
- Bo Jiang, Professor, Southern Yangtze University, Jiangsu, China. (09/06-12/06).
- A.R.P. Kingsly, Central Institute of Post Harvest Engineering and Technology, India. Norman E. Borlaug international agricultural sciences and technology fellow, Indo-US Knowledge Initiative in Agriculture (10/06-11/06).
- Bindu Jaganath Scientist, Central Fisheries Technology Research Institute, Cochin, India. Norman E. Borlaug international agricultural sciences and technology fellow, Indo-US Knowledge Initiative in Agriculture (03/08-04/08).
- Rajan Sharma, National Dairy Research Inst, Haryana, India. Norman E. Borlaug international agricultural sciences and technology fellow, Indo-US Knowledge Initiative in Agriculture (04/08).
- Yongkun Ma, School of Food & Biological Engineering, Jiangsu University, China (2009).
- Seung Lee, CJ Foods, Korea (2010-11).
- Natalia Szerman, Instituto Tecnología de Alimentos (ITA) Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Agropecuaria(INTA) Buenos Aires, Argentina. (09/11-12/11)
- Suresh K. Devatkal. Central Institute of Post-harvest Engineering and Technology Ludhiana. Punjab India. March 2012-November 2012.
- Erdal Agcam, Visiting doctoral student, Çukurova University in Turkey. Oct 2014-15.
- Fabiola Salais Fierro, Visiting doctoral student, University of Alberta. Dec 2014.
- Erdal Agcam, Visiting Doctoral Student, Department of Food Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Cukurova University, Adana, Turkey
- Anna Westphal, Visiting doctoral student, Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, Germany (2015)
- Kshirod Kumar Dash, Visiting Assistant Professor, Tezpur University, Assam, India (2016 March-2017 March)
- Hongkang Zhang, Visiting Assocaite Professor, College of Light Industry and Food Zhongkai University of Agriculture and Engineering (2016 April –2017 April)
Doctoral Student Alumni
- Raghupathy Ramaswamy. 2007. D. Food Science and Nutrition. Thermal behavior of food materials during high pressure processing. (Co-advised with Prof. Sastry) Thermal Processing Specialist/Process Authority Heinz, Wexford, PA.
- Stephen Min. 2008. PhD. Food Agricultural and Biological Engineering (Co-advised with Prof. Sastry). Properties of food and buffer solutions during high pressure processing: in-situ measurement of density, compressibility, electrical conductivity and reaction volume. Director, Research and Development at Wendy’s Columbus OH .
- Wannasawat Ratphitagsanti. 2009. Ph.D. Food Science and Technology. Approaches for Enhancing Lethality of Bacterial Spores Treated by Pressure-Assisted Thermal Processing. Assistant Professor; Department of Product Development Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Loc Thai Nguyen. 2009. D. Food Science and Technology. Quality and Thermo physical Properties of Pressure Treated Foods. Assistant Professor, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Rockendra Gupta. 2010. Ph.D. Food Science and Technology. Pressure Assisted Thermal Processing: Tomato Carotenoid Stability During Processing & Storage and Feasibility of Using Chemical Markers for Evaluating Process Uniformity. Food Technologist, Abbott Nutrition, Columbus, OH.
- Sunghee Park. 2012. Ph.D. Food Science and Technology. Evaluating the feasibility of producing shelf-stable low-acid vegetables through pressure-ohmic thermal sterilization. Studies on product quality and microbiological safety
- Dhakal, Santosh. 2016. Evaluation of Synergistic, Additive and Antagonistic Effects During Combined Pressure-thermal Treatment on Selected Liquid Food Constituents by Reaction Kinetic Approach. Ph.D. Dissertation in Food Science and Technology
- Bing Yan. 2016. High Pressure Homogenization of Selected Liquid Beverages. Ph.D. Dissertation in Food Science and Technology. Nestle Marysville, Ohio
- Fira Zulkurnain. 2017. Crystallization of Lipids under High Pressure for Food Texture Development (Co-advised with F Maleky).
Masters Student Alumni (Ohio State University)
- Ambuja Srinivasan Westbeld. 2004. M.S. Food Science and Nutrition. Inactivation of bacterial spores by pressure assisted thermal processing. Preliminary experiments for shelf stable egg study. (non-thesis).
- Sandeep Rajan. 2005. M.S. Food Science and Nutrition. Inactivation kinetics of bacterial spores in egg patties by pressure-assisted thermal processing. Technical Sales Manager, Micro Thermics, Raleigh, NC.
- Maria Fernanda Villacis. 2006. M.S. Food Science and Nutrition. Effect of high pressure on moisture and NaCl diffusion into turkey breast. Food Technologists, Nestle, France).
- Raghul Dhall. 2008. M.S. Food Science and Nutrition. Preserving restructured vegetable product using high pressure processing (non-thesis). Food Technologists, Agro Industry, Punjab, India.
- Somerville, Jeremy. 2009. M.S. Food Science and Technology. The Effects of Pressure Assisted Thermal Processing on the Quality Attributes of Black Beans. Product Technology Specialist at Nestlé R&D, Cleveland, OH.
- Huseyin Ayvaz. 2010. M.S. Food Science and Technology. Influence of packaging material and storage conditions on quality attributes of pressure-assisted thermally processed carrots. Department of Food Engineering, Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Canakkale 17020, Turkey.
- Joshua Smith. 2010. S. Food Science and Technology. Pressure Pre-Treatment for Enhanced Regreening of Thermally Sterilized Green Beans. Research Scientist at So Delicious Dairy Free/WhiteWave Foods Eugene, OR.
- Dhakal, Santosh. 2013. Formulation of hypoallergenic plants based beverages by high pressure processing
- Colleen C. Nackerman. 2014. M.S. Food Science and Technology. Storage Stability of Polyglutamyl 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in Broccoli After High-Pressure Processing. Food Scientist, Avure Technologist, Middletown, Ohio.
Undergraduate Student Researchers (The Ohio State University)
- Boon Tee. FST. 2003. Undergraduate research
- Maggie Wisman, FST. 2006. Undergraduate honors thesis
- Chelsea Johnson. FST. 2009-10. Undergraduate research
- Horton, Elizabeth S. FABE. 2013-2015. Undergraduate research
- Khawaja, Natasha. ChemEng. 2013-2015. Undergraduate honors research
- Chatterjee, Usoshi, FABE, 2015 Undergraduate research
- Schabel, Conner L. FABE, 2017. Undergraduate research
Masters Students Alumni (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- Sundar Balasubramanian. 2000. M.S. Food Process Engineering. Thesis. Influence of compression heating and pH on inactivation of bacterial spores during high pressure processing. Senior Process Engineer, PepsiCo, Chicago, IL.
- Gopi Sivasubramaniam. 2000. M.S. Food Process Engineering. Electrical conductivity of foods (non-thesis). Process Engineer, Foster Wheeler, Houston, TX.
- Khin Thidar Thant. 2001. M.S. Food Safety and Technology. Thesis. Influence of process parameters on inactivation of Escherichia coli O 157: H7 by pulsed electric field. Food Technologist, Sweet Ovations, LLC Philadelphia, PA.
- Amy Schauwecker. 2001. M.S. Food Safety and Technology. Thesis. Influence of high pressure processing on packaging materials and the migration of pressure transmitting fluid. Senior Group Manager R&D Operations, Del Monte, San Francisco, CA.
- Vasuhi Rasanayagam. 2002. M.S. Food Process Engineering. Thesis. High pressure processing. Part.1. Compression heating of fatty foods under pressure. Part II. Comparison of effectiveness of single and double pulse high pulse pressure processing on inactivation of Bacillus subtilis Senior Scientist, Airliquide, Newark, DE.
- Ganesh Narayanaswamy. 2002. M.S. Chemical Engineering (co-advised with Prof. Parulekar). Thesis. Compression heating characteristics of carbohydrates during high pressure processing. Project Manager, Granules Omnichem Private Limited, Vishakhapatnam, India.
- Vivek Keshavan. 2002. M.S. Chemical Engineering (co-advised with Prof. Parulekar). Thesis. Compression heating characteristics of proteins during high pressure processing. CSV/QA Specialist, Bayer HealthCare San Francisco, CA.