First Semester Interview with Lindsey Bradley

My second mentee is Lindsey Bradley. Lindsey and Kate are both roommates so it has been really fun to see how close they are getting and how they are both adjusting to college. Lindsey is from Cleveland, Ohio and actually knows one of my friends in my sorority! Lindsey is majoring in Studio Art which is a very interesting major. She has always been good at art and has never really seen herself majoring in anything else. She did art all throughout high school and she was very good at it! I could relate to her on this because I did a lot of designing for my schools yearbook and we talked a lot about my theme and all the different techniques that I used.

Lindsey has been looking into what clubs she can get involved with and I told her that its never too late to join a club and even pointed out a few that I know of. Lindsey is looking into different art clubs to meet more people in her major. This past week I actually saw Lindsey and her friends at the Greek Meet and found out that they were interested in rushing! I told Lindsey that she can always ask me any questions she has about Greek Life and I can help her find out which sorority is right for her!

In high school, Lindsey was involved in “Take Action” which is an after school program where she helped kids with their homework. She also did a lot of volunteering in her community. Lindsey said that she wanted to join ACES because she wanted to keep up with volunteering in college and ACES had everything that she was interested in ranging from children to education. Lindsey was also concerned with meeting her service hours each semester and I told her that through my sorority I actually had a lot of opportunities for service hours that has helped me a lot!

After graduation, Lindsey doesn’t exactly know what she wants to do with her degree yet. She knows someone in her family that was an intern at a cool graphic design agency and she said that that has always sounded like something that she would be interested in! During her time here at Ohio State, Lindsey is working on being as outgoing as she can be and being more social.

I am looking forward to helping Lindsey find her passion here at Ohio State and can’t wait to see her transition at the end of the year!