The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) hosts a large conference each year. ISTE 2014 recently ended and represented a record for attendance with over 16,000 registrations. The conference highlights new educational trends and technologies.
Melissa Greenwood and Kanoe Namahoe were at ISTE 2014 and broke down the conference into 7 key takeaways:
- Recognize struggling students and intervene.
- All-in-one solutions are in vogue.
- One size does not fit all.
- Active and project-based learning is alive and well.
- Rethink the learning space.
- New conversations around BYOD and one-to-one are surfacing.
- Give students what they need.
The full synopsis of each takeaway can be found here.
To learn more about how educational technology can be used in your classroom, please contact the Fisher ITS Helpdesk.
SmartBlog on Education (2014, August). 7 takeaways from #ISTE2014.
Retrieved from http://smartblogs.com/education/2014/07/08/7-takeaways-from-iste2014/