Grace Figliomeni Introduced

I am a first-year Business student specializing in Finance with a minor in Nonprofit Studies. I came to Columbus from Toledo, Ohio, a town where I was born and raised with my two older sisters and three dogs. Growing up in Toledo has helped shape my ultimate value in life: community. I aspire to live in an area where I help create the best community it can have.

I chose to come to Ohio State for several reasons: a great business school, a wide range of opportunities for life and work experience, and especially the city of Columbus. I am studying business with the hope of involving myself in the world of local businesses and social enterprise. In high school, I worked as a sales consultant at a local teacher supply store called the ABC Center. There, I developed a love for the benefits local businesses provide to their community. Ever since beginning to work there, I have educated myself to businesses that are locally owned in the town I am in. Once I came to Ohio State, my education broadened to the world of social enterprise. Several local Columbus businesses are considered to be social enterprises, using their ventures to maximize improvements in their community. My overall goal in school is to continue my knowledge of these organizations and business tactics to one day create a social enterprise I feel great passion towards.