Temperatures and Geography in Polar Regions
This link and series of questions looks at temperatures and geography in the Arctic and Antarctic.
1. Is the air temperature over the North Pole or over the center of Greenland warmer? How do you know?
2. Describe the surface winds over Greenland. In other words, what is the direction of the wind and is it fast or slow?
3. Are there any locations where the winds appear to be spiraling into a central location or out of a central location? If so, where?
4. How does the geography of the Arctic differ from the geography of the Antarctic (consider both land and ocean)?
5. How is the temperature of the Antarctic (consider both land and ocean) different in July and January? What do you think causes this difference?