Undergraduate Research Opportunities

Undergraduate research assistants are needed for: (1) reviewing and assigning codes to videotaped mother-child interactions; (2) screening and processing electrocardiogram (ECG) data; and (3) coding interviews with mothers or children. Students need to enroll in HDFS 3193 for two semesters and at least 2 credit hours per semester. One credit hour translates to 3 hours of work per week. There is some flexibility with regard to when students complete those hours each week.

Apply to be an Undergraduate Research Assistant

To apply to be an Undergraduate Research Assistant in the Child Emotion Lab, please email Dr. Xin Feng (feng.88@osu.edu) and Yvonne Gong (gong.371@buckeyemail.osu.edu). In your email, please include:

  • First & Last Name
  • GPA
  • Cover Letter
  • Prior Research Experience, If Any
  • Resume (Please submit as PDF or Word Document)
  • *In your subject line, please write: New RA Application
  • Please send your application via your OSU email account