Regardless if you own beef cattle, raise them commercially, raise or market seedstock, exhibit beef cattle, or are simply a beef cattle enthusiast, you’re invited and welcome to be a member of the Fairfield County Cattlemen’s Association (FCCA). The FCCA is one of more than 60 official “county affiliates” of the Ohio Cattlemen’s Association. In turn, the OCA is an affiliate of the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA).
Since they reorganized in 1988, the mission of the FCCA has included:
- Giving leadership to the beef industry in Fairfield County.
- Providing a communication link between the Ohio Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) and the beef cattle producers of Fairfield County.
- Providing or sponsoring educational programs for it’s members through meetings, field days or tours and exploring new techniques in management, production, and marketing based on reliable research and information.
- Developing a greater understanding between consumers and producers of cattle.
- Assuming responsibility in nominating Director candidates to the Ohio Cattlemen’s Association.
- Assisting other cattle organizations, both production and marketing oriented, in promoting the cattle industry.
- Providing input about needed research and educational programs from The Ohio State University, the Ohio State University Extension, and the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center.
- Assisting and encouraging 4-H and FFA members with beef projects.
So, how do you become a member of the Fairfield County Cattleman’s Association?” It’s simple . . . you may choose one of three ways:
- If you are a resident of Fairfield County, the easiest way is to simply join the Ohio Cattlemen’s Association (OCA). The base fee for OCA membership is $75 annually. The by-laws of the Fairfield County Cattleman’s Association (FCCA) allow that any member of the OCA who resides in Fairfield County is automatically a member of the FCCA. OCA members receive the Ohio Cattleman magazine, the OCA Cattlegram newsletter, The Ring Directory, the OCA Calendar, number of direct member benefits and several other incentives. If you’d like to join, or renew your membership to OCA, simply follow this link.
- Regardless of where you live, the second alternative for joining FCCA is to buy a one time lifetime FCCA membership for $25.
- Again, regardless your residense, if you prefer to join FCCA one year at a time, the third membership option is by paying the annual membership dues of $5. You can find an FCCA membership form linked here in PDF format.