Knowing Your Educator

Hello!

Welcome to Farm and Field, the blog for Shelby County Ag and Natural Resources. My name is Rylee Kay Puthoff, the new ANR Educator. I plan to use this blog to provide weekly updates on what Shelby County ANR is up to. I will also be providing news and information from Ohio State University, as it relates to the county. For my first post, let me start with an introduction.

My name is Rylee Kay Puthoff, I am a recent graduate of Wilmington College, with a BS in Agronomy, and plan to start my master’s in Plant Health Management at OSU in the fall. I also have an AA from Edison State Community College. I was raised in Miami County and was a member of 4-H, FFA, and Jr. Fair Board. I grew up on my family farm with my parents and grandfather. We did all sorts of 4-H projects, animal and non-animal, and I am so thankful for all that I got to do. In college, I was a member of the Swim Team, Aggies (collegiate 4-H), Peace Corps Prep, and Faith in Action. In school, I was a part of the Honors Program and focused my studies on sustainability and soil science.

Getting a job in Extension was not my original plan after college. Originally I wanted to join the Peace Corps, however, that path was closed. So with a month left before graduation, I had to find myself a job, and the Shelby County ANR Educator position came my way. I am very excited to work in Extension because I have always felt a need to help others and serve my community. Through extension, I plan to help Shelby County as a resource and connection to research and information.

I look forward to meeting those who need my help. Feel free to call, email, or stop by the office, especially if you have questions. Office hours are weekdays 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. The office is located at 810 Fair Rd, Sidney OH 45365.

Rylee Kay Puthoff

Extension Educator, Agriculture & Natural Resources

Ohio State University Extension – Shelby County

810 Fair Rd. Sidney, OH 45365

(937) 419-7126 Office
puthoff.84@osu.edu  https://shelby.osu.edu/