IA LinkedIn Workshop ft. Jillian Kemper

When: March 23, 2021 at 6 p.m.

Where: Zoom

Since I was unable to attend the event live, I watched the recording of the event presented on using LinkedIn to help start and cultivate your professional network. The event was very informative and motivated me to start a LinkedIn profile right after watching the presentation. This event related to the broad area of my studies, and was focused on taking the experience we have now to connect with others in our desired career paths and building our network. I have been wanting to look into internships for the upcoming school year and this would be a perfect way to find opportunities that interest me while also getting a feel for my future career. I was a little overwhelmed watching the presentation because of all the effort that needed to go into the account but Jillian reassured us that it would take time and to just stay active. The event made me really think about what I am doing to give my future self the most amount of opportunities possible. It made me want to be proactive in building my resume and critically think about my future concerning academics and jobs. This event 100% intersected with my academic and professional goals, since LinkedIn is a great source of finding opportunities for jobs, internships, learning more about your fields of interest, and ways to get involved.