In this module, parents and teachers are introduced to the concepts of equality and decision-making. Equality is discussed as a principle for creating a foundation of partnerships, and decision-making as an effective key strategy for involving parents and families. Parent and teacher co-facilitators guide the group in a discussion based on the facilitator slides. We recommend continuing to deepen the relationships between participating teachers and family members by incorporating a “get to know you” activity, a video about the importance of equality and empowerment in decision-making, and a discussion of next steps for the school year.
- PTP Mod 3 Facilitator Guide – Session Summary and Goals
- PTP Mod 3 Facilitator Guide – Session Materials
- PTP Mod 3 Facilitator Notes – Icebreakers
- PTP Mod 3 Facilitator PowerPoint Slides
- PTP Mod 3 Facilitator Notes – Session Highlights
- PTP Mod 3 Facilitator Notes – Implementation Checklist
- PTP Mod 3 Facilitator Video – Parent Involvement in Decision-Making
- PTP Mod 3 Participant Handout – Decision-Making Activities
- PTP Mod 3 Participant Handout – Equality Activities
- PTP Mod 3 Participant Handout – Session Feedback Form
- PTP Mod 3 Participant Handout – Two Heads Better than One Activity
Click here to access the module materials in Spanish.
Click here to access a zip file of all Module 3 documents.
If you have trouble accessing any of these files, email Barbara Boone at OhioSFEC@osu.edu for assistance.