About Ohio’s FCE Network
The Ohio State University’s Ohio Statewide Family Engagement Center is a proud partner of the Ohio Department of Education’s State Support Teams, working to enhance and expand family and community engagement in Ohio. Together, OSU and the ODE have established the Family and Community Engagement Network—a Community of Practice dedicated to advancing and supporting collaboration.
The Ohio Family and Community Engagement Network is a group of dedicated education professionals from across Ohio, comprised of representatives from each of Ohio’s regions, along with organizations whose work supports families of diverse learners, including students with disabilities. The network collaboratively researches, develops and supports the implementation of tools and strategies for regional teams and school districts to effectively engage and empower families and communities. Through the network’s activities to support strong family/school partnerships, family and community needs and strengths are recognized and prioritized at every level, resulting in improved student and family outcomes and better school climates.
Annual Report on Ohio’s State Support Team (SST) Family Engagement Practices
- NEW! 2019 Voices from the Field Report
- 2018 Voices from the Field Report
- 2017 Voices from the Field Report
Resources for SSTs and School Districts
- Ohio’s Self-Assessment of System-level Family Engagement Practices
- FCE Network Contact Sheet and Ohio Regional Map 2018-19
- “Measuring Family Engagement”
- A recorded webinar of the SST Family and Community Engagement Network, with a presentation by Barbara Boone and Meredith Wellman. This webinar reviews moving beyond a “headcount” as a way of measuring the success of family engagement within schools, and provides examples of “goal-linked family engagement” and how to get a good response rate on family surveys in schools.
- “OSU Extension: Statewide supports for families and communities”
- A recorded webinar of the SST Family and Community Engagement Network, with a presentation by Jim Bates from OSU Extension. This webinar reviews resources and trainings provided in every county of Ohio by OSU Extension, and opportunities for SSTs and schools to partner with OSU Extension.
- New! Follow-up webinar by Jim Bates on Grandparents raising grandchildren
- “Engaging Fathers in their Children’s Education”
- A recorded webinar of the SST Family and Community Engagement Network, with presentations by Steve Killpack and Frederick Knuckles. This webinar highlights the work of Ohio’s Commission on Fatherhood and provides examples of how communities and schools in Ohio are reaching out to fathers and making intentional efforts to give fathers meaningful and engaging roles in their schools and in support their children’s learning.
- “Educational Resources for Military Connected Families and Their Children”
- A webinar of the SST Family and Community Engagement Network, with a fabulously informative presentation by the Ohio National Guard. Check it out!
The FCE Network has work groups that focus on specific topics, such as Family Engagament in PBIS, and Family Engagment in Early Literacy.
For more information, contact OhioSFEC@osu.edu