The Fairfield County Junior Fair will require the completion of at least one Skillathon per 4-H/FFA exhibitor in order to show at 2023 Fairfield County Junior Fair for all beef, dairy, goat, poultry, rabbit (except Pet Rabbits), sheep, swine, dog, horse, alpaca/llama projects.
The Fairfield County Skillathon event will be held September 9th and 24th at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds. For additional Skillathon information, please review the 2023 Junior Fair Book.
Fairfield County youth interested in competing for any Fairfield County Premier Exhibitor Award must complete the COUNTY Skillathon in each respective specie they play to compete in.
Example: Exhibitor wishes to compete for Swine Premier Exhibitor Award and Poultry Premier Exhibitor Award must complete both the swine and poultry Fairfield County Skillathons on September 9th (swine) and 24th (poultry).
- For more information about 2023 Premier Exhibitor Contests, please review this area of the 2023 Junior Fair Book.
- Youth will be asked to complete a tiebreaker question at Skillathon – this will be used to break ties for Premier Exhibitor and/or Skillathon if needed.
- Skillathon Species for Saturday, September 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. include: Beef, Dairy Beef, Swine, Sheep, Meat Goats, Dairy Cattle
- Skillathon Species for Sunday, September 24th from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. include: Pygmy Goats, Dairy Goats, Horses, Alpacas/Llamas, Poultry Rabbits
- Dog Exhibitors will complete the Skillathon at Dog Check-In Day on Saturday, August 26th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Please note that Skillathon times are meant to schedule exhibitors throughout the day and we will do our best to stay on track with time. It is important for families to stick to their Skillathon time to keep our lines moving efficiently. Exhibitors will have 5 minutes per station and should be completed with Skillathon in 20-30 minutes ONCE they start through their respective Skillathon line.
- Fairfield County Skillathons will take place at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds.
- Scheduling for Skillathon is now open – click here to schedule for each Skillathon you wish to participate in: http://go.osu.edu/signup4skillathon.
- Skillathon Awards: The Top Junior and Top Senior Skillathon Winner will receive an award. Additionally, the Top 20% of Juniors and Seniors will receive a ribbon at their respective specie’s show at the fair in October.