Commercial Cattle Show: Saturday, July 29, 2023 Ohio State Fair
Deadline for entries is July 21
WHAT IS THE COMMERCIAL CATTLE SHOW?
- The Commercial Cattle Show is an exhibition in which cattle are shown in a pens of three.
- Cattle will be evaluated on a live and carcass basis.
- Cattle will be shown in three groups: Native Beef, Beef on Dairy, and Dairy.
- They must also be penned by sex.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Any exhibitor who has involvement with cattle may participate.
- There will be a junior and an open division.
- Youth under the age of 21 and organized youth groups are invited to participate in the junior division.
- All junior cattle will also be eligible to participate in the open division.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Entries will open on May 16.
- You can enter online at www.ohiostatefair.com (May 16 – June 21 at 1 p.m.), or email Barb Prince at email@example.com (June 21 1:01 pm. – July 21).
- Specific entry and show information available at www.ohiostatefair.com.
- Note: Commercial cattle do not need to be BVD tested.
IMPORTANT CHANGES From prior years
- Additional divisions
- Beef x Dairy
- Shorter duration
– Cattle can arrive on Thursday, July 27.
– All cattle must be in place by Friday evening, July 28. Cattle will weigh Saturday morning and show Saturday afternoon.