The Winning 4-H Plan is about Making 4-H Accessible for Club Members with Disabilities. Ohio 4-H welcomes and encourages youth with disabilities to participate. If you have not submitted a request and think your child may need one, all request forms are due Sept 6, 2022.
Need more information about the Winning 4-H Plan?
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for all youth with disabilities.
- The Winning 4-H Plan Request Form can be found here and is due to Aubry Fowler (Fowler.firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sept 6, 2022 if you have a member who need accommodations for skillathon or fair.
- The 4-H Educator will communicate all accommodations to the appropriate personnel
- This completed accommodation document will be provided to the youth by the 4-H Educator
- Requests for accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis to ensure that the accommodation does not fundamentally alter the event or provide a significant advantage or disadvantage to anyone participating.
- Accommodations will be specific to the individual.
- Judges may modify regular judging procedure to accommodate requests and will need to determine that
modification would not inhibit the ability of other exhibitors and/or animals in the show.
Common Accommodations include:
- Typed responses or use of scribe for longer passages in project bool
- Help with _________ (ex. reading, writing, math)
- Extra time for ___________ (ex. reading, writing, response answering questions, taking test)
- Rephrase or reword questions as needed for understanding
- Break down tasks/questions to simple instructions
- Directions/questions provided orally
- Hand over hand to perform skill/task
- Reduce the number of questions/items performed
- Use of interpreter (sign language)
- Project books/materials provided in pdf, enlarged print, or other format. Pease contact Laura Akgerman (email@example.com) to request project books in alternate/electronic format
- Use of service animal or seeing eye person when deemed safe (in show ring)
- Change of location to quieter setting for interview/judging/ task performance
- Use of device, tool or mechanism that helps the individual perform the task
All members who submitted a winning plan, should have received their accommodation document on 8/29/2022 from Aubry. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Aubry Fowler, 4-H Educator, at 740-277-4626 or Fowler.firstname.lastname@example.org