From the Poultry Show Committee: It’s just about time….. So wanted to take time to point out a few things.
- Birds can start arriving at 9AM Saturday. Cages will be marked. Most show categories are up in numbers again this year, so we will be very tight on cage space. Please double-up on as many breeding birds as you can. Most cages in the breeding barn will have 2 cards on them indicating you need to house 2 birds to a cage. Layers also need to be housed in the same cage. If you have problems with your cages, please seek out a committee member before using a cage not marked for you.
- We will have an exhibitor meeting at 1:30 in the Ed Sands Building (on the other side of the track where we will be showing).
- Check in for everything but market chickens and ducks will be from 2:30 – 4:30 in the #50 show arena (adjacent to the breeding barn). We do not need to see your birds at check-in, but you must bring hatchery paperwork showing your birds were purchased in the last 12 months from an NPIP approved hatchery. If you don’t have this paperwork, your birds must be blood-tested prior to check-in. We will have blood-testing available during check-in this year. You must check in during this time to verify your entries and provide paperwork in order to be able to show.
- If you are bringing market chickens, turkeys, or ducks, you MUST fill out your DUNF form online BEFORE arriving for weigh-in (check-in for turkeys). We will have a list of those that have completed DUNF forms, but it is best to have a screenshot or printout with you in case there are questions. The form can be filled out now. See the rule book for details. https://u.osu.edu/fcfair/dunf-drug-use-notification-forms/
- Weigh-in for market chickens and ducks will be from 4-5 in the #50 show arena. You will need to have your DUNF form completed and provide hatchery paperwork before weighing your birds.
- Be sure to read the updated rule book online https://u.osu.edu/…/4%e2%80%91h-ffa-poultry-department…/
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!!!!!