As the American Meat Science Association (AMSA) explores opportunities to attract, develop, and connect meat science talent, AMSA will be hosting our first virtual meat judging summer series (4 virtual meat judging contests) targeted to youth (3rd-12th grade, 4-H, FFA students, etc.). Participants will compete in divisions based on their upcoming grade: Youth (3rd-7th grade) and Senior Division (8th-12th grade). Divisions will be based on the grade the student is going into the upcoming academic year. The contest will consist of 6 placing classes, 2 questions classes, quality grading (6) and 40 Retail Identification. Participants will register via the AMSA website.
- June 23, 2021
- July 7, 2021
- July 21, 2021
- August 4, 2021
Contests will be open for 48 hrs. and the participant must complete the contest and submit the electronic scantron within the contest time allotment. Additional contest guidelines will be posted in the AMSA community platform in which the contests will be facilitated.
- Contests will be scored, and results will be posted to judgingcard.com and the AMSA website the Monday following the contest. All results across categories will be posted, but points will be earned on the overall ranking only.
- Count top 3 contest rank finishes. Students placing 1 through 20 will receive rank points. For example, 1st place will receive 20 points, 2nd = 19 points, etc. The students will the five highest point totals will be eligible for awards.
Youth Division- Top five students receive awards
- 1st- $500 scholarship, 2nd- $250, 3rd- $100, 4th- $100, 5th- $50; Top 5 receive a complimentary AMSA Youth Membership
Senior Division- Top five students receive awards
- 1st- 1,500 scholarship, 2nd- $1,000 scholarship, 3rd- $750 scholarship, 4th- $500 scholarship, 5th- $250 scholarship; Top 5 receive a complimentary AMSA Youth Membership
Registration – To register for the virtual clinics/ contests:
- Click here to register!
- Registration Fee: $100 per participant
- Registration Fee Includes: 4 Contest Registrations, Electronic Scantrons, and Summer Series T-Shirt
- Participants should be in 3rd-12th grade.
- Participating in any of these contests does not impact eligibility for the in person National 4-H Contest.
If you have any additional questions please email email@example.com