We’re excited to announce Fairfield County 4-H will be going to camp in person!!
Fairfield County 4-H’ers will camp locally, via Day Camps, at Alley Park in 2021. This applies to Cloverbud, Junior and Intermediate Camps. This decision was made based on communication with Fairfield County 4-H families, Advisors, camp counselors, and adult camp staff with camping preference, safety, and logistics in mind with regards to the current situation.
We recognize that other counties are moving forward with planning overnight camps, and we want our families to know that each county is making its own decision on how to proceed this year given the circumstances and approval from OSU. The decision for day camps was not made lightly and many conversations with stakeholders and clientele took place which led to this decision. We are excited to host 4-H members at our day camps this year as there was a lot of interest from our recent survey of 4-H families. We are looking forward to overnight camping in 2022.
The Camp Information sheet has been updated for your reference.
- Cloverbud Day Camp (Ages 5-8, Cloverbud Members) – June 5
- Intermediate Camp (Ages 11-14) – June 15-17
- Junior Camp (Ages 8-10) – June 29-July 1
- Registration will go live on May 3, 2021, and can be found here: go.osu.edu/2021FCCampApp
- Bertha Wilson Trust will provide a 50% campership again this year if registered by June 1st
- Members will only have to pay $40 for Intermediate or Junior, and $20 for Cloverbud
Health & Safety Information:
- All campers, counselors, and staff will need to wear a mask at all times unless they are actively eating, boating, or participating in archery.
- Campers will remain with their group and remain physically distanced from other groups. Groups will consist of 8 campers and 2 counselors
- Health checks will be conducted for all campers, counselors, and staff each day of camp