Thank you for your interest in participating in Junior Leaders. Due to Ohio 4-H’s guidelines we cannot host any events in person yet, so we will have our first meeting on February 8th. I will send more details about a week before the meeting. In the meantime, I need your help on a project – Creating a NEW video for 4-H recruitment at elementary schools!
If you are new to Junior Leaders, one of the first projects we do each year is recruit for 4-H by participating in school awareness presentations. Since we cannot visit the schools in person this year, we have given the schools the option to request a video or zoom presentation about 4-H. In order to have a video to share, we need your help creating one. Here’s how you can help: Create a 30-90 second video about your 4-H experience.
As a reminder, here are some things you should include during your video:
- Your name
- Your 4-H Club(s)
- Years in 4-H
- Pick one of the following things to talk about:
- Why did you join 4-H? What do you like about?
- What is your favorite Activities in 4-H (i.e. Fair, Camping, Tours, Trips, Banquets, Parties, Demonstrations, or Workshops)
- Tell and show what you’ve learned and accomplished by showing a project book and/or poster
- Some of the honors you’ve received (i.e. rosettes, trophies, certificates, pins, etc.) and how did you receive them
- If you are using your phone, make sure you shoot horizontal and not vertical.
- You will be addressing the camera, please find a quiet place to do your recording.
- Wear a 4-H shirt and/or have a previous 4-H project in the background.
- Make sure that there is not a window or bright source of light behind you that would make your face look dark (backlit).
- Make sure you save your final video as an MP4 file
Please submit your video to go.osu.edu/memmailbox by Monday January 25, 2021. If you would prefer to stay off the camera, submit a video of your favorite pictures and describe what you’re doing/why they’re your favorite.
Remember this is a great project to participate in and looks great on your Ohio 4-H Achievement form! If you have any questions, please let Aubry (Fowler.firstname.lastname@example.org) know!