In order to be considered an Outstanding 4-Her, applicants must meet ALL THREE of the following. If these are met, forms will be considered for this achievement.
- 1) Attained the level of High School Senior (or above) as of January 1st of the current year,
- 2) Completed the 2021 Ohio 4-H Achievement Form in January of the current year, and
- 3) Be a current 4-H member in good standing (enrolled in 4-H, completing projects, attending meetings, etc.)
The timeline of the Outstanding 4-Her Application process:
- January 8th, 2021: Turn in the Ohio 4-H Achievement Form to the OSU Extension Office.
- Mid to late summer: Individuals who meet the first three requirements (above) will be sent a letter with details on how to complete the application process.
- August 21st, 2021: Deadline to submit the Outstanding 4-Her Application Form AND Addendum (update) to their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form.
- The Addendum is a separate document/piece of paper where applicants will include any 4-H and non-4-H updates from the current 4-H year that took place after their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form was submitted back in January.
- Additionally, the Addendum can include past 4-H and non-4-H activities, programs, events, and participation that may not have been included on their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form.
- The Addendum (submitted in August) and the Ohio 4-H Achievement Form (submitted in January) will be used to review criteria selected on your Outstanding 4-Her Application Form. You may include as many pages as necessary.
October 10th, 2021: Individuals who meet the Outstanding 4-Her criteria will be recognized at the Junior Fair Panorama the Sunday of the Fairfield County Fair.