Please take a minute and share this Tips for Teen video “Demonstration and Public Speaking Techniques”, provided by Seneca County 4H Teen Leaders. The video provides steps to take to properly prepare and give a demonstration. The techniques shared will help guide you successfully through any public speaking event or demonstration.
Giving Thanks: Cloverbud Edition has been added as a new post on the Ohio 4-H Cloverbud Connection blog. We encourage Cloverbud Advisors and Parents to check it out!
Help us recognize your advisors for all their hard work this year!! Read on for more details – You should have received this email to your Family 4-H email on Friday, Oct. 30th too!
The Junior Leaders are working on a surprise for our Advisors, and we need your help! Each fall, we have an Advisor Banquet where we recognize the Advisors from every club. This year, due to COVID-19, we are going to have a drive-thru event and would like to play a video of ‘Shout Outs’ for our Advisors.
Here’s how you can help:
- Record a short video giving your advisors a Shout Out
- What to include in your video:
- Your Name
- Your Club
- Your Advisor Name (or All the Advisors of your club)
- This could include a reason why you think they’re the best, A Thank You for all their hard work, or a favorite memory from this past year
- Please remember to make sure your background and attire is 4-H appropriate. 😊
- What to include in your video:
- Upload your video to this FlipGrid Channel: https://flipgrid.com/d1c71b17
- If you aren’t comfortable with FlipGrid, record a horizontal video on your phone and upload it to the Member Mailbox at go.osu.edu/memmailbox
- Not comfortable talking on camera? Make a poster or sign for your advisor and we’ll share that too!
- We would like to highlight every club and Advisor, so you may need to talk with your fellow club members to make sure everyone gets a shoutout.
- All videos need to be uploaded by Friday, November 13, 2020!
- Be Creative & Have Fun!
If you have any questions, please contact Aubry (Fowler.email@example.com) or by phone: 740-277-4626. Thank you for your help and making our Advisors feel special!
Fairfield County 4-H Advisors,
You should have received the following email with your Drive Thru invitation on Wed. Nov 4th. It has your own personalized link, so be sure to RSVP via the email you received. If you haven’t seen it in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folder! If you still can’t find it, you can call in your RSVP too. Please complete the survey regardless of if you can attend, we will work with those clubs who can’t attend to pick up their packets and gifts.
The Fairfield County 4-H Junior Leaders have been working hard all year to organize the Advisor Banquet. In order to accommodate ALL advisors & follow COVID-19 safety guidelines, we will be hosting an Advisor Recognition Drive Thru!
You are invited to attend as a “Thank You” for your service as a 4-H volunteer and to celebrate the 2020 4-H club year. We will have end of year packets, gifts/awards for each advisor, a photo station and other fun activities!
- When: Saturday, November 21, 2020 from 10:00a.m. – Noon
- Who: All Fairfield County Advisors (This is for ALL Advisors – Tractor Maintenance & Shooting Sports too!)
- What: Advisor Recognition Drive Thru
- Where: OSU Extension Office Parking Lot, 831 College Ave, Lancaster
- Cost: No charge
Please RSVP by Sunday, November 15th by completing your personalized RSVP survey found in your email. DO NOT FORWARD your email to any other advisors since the links are personalized. If needed, you can also call in your RSVP to 740-653-5419.
We look forward to seeing you on Nov 21st! If you have any questions, let us know!
The Ohio Pork Council is pleased to offer three scholarship opportunities in 2021. Students entering their freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in college are encouraged to apply. Applicants, or their parents, must be Ohio Pork Council members. Children of pork industry employees, managers and contract growers are eligible. Previous scholarship winners can re-apply. Applications can be found at ohiopork.org/scholarships/.
The application is now open for the Cargill Global Scholars Program – a distinctive, 2-year scholarship and enrichment program providing financial support, mentorship, and the unique opportunity for U.S. college students to participate in leadership development seminars, including engaging with fellow Global Scholars from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, and Russia. Please review the PDF for details on eligibility requirements. To learn more about the Cargill Global Scholars Program and to start an application, please visit: http://www.cargillglobalscholars.com/. The application deadline is Thursday, March 4, 2021.
November is a great month to teach and invite children to show gratitude. Learn more by checking out this new 4-H Cloverbud Connections Post: Showing Gratitude.
The Fairfield County Foundation scholarship application for the 2021-2022 school year will open on December 1, 2020 to anyone seeking financial support to further their education. Opportunities are available for everyone from graduating high school seniors to graduate students, as well as those attending a vocational or technical school! For those who are excited to get started, there are a few things you can do before the application opens.
Visit the Scholarship FAQ section of their website to find:
- Information on their new application system for 2021
- Insight into required documents
- Tips on filling out the application
New information is added frequently, so check back often. Follow the Fairfield County Foundationon Facebook for reminders and tips (tell your parents to follow as well).
Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Application opened October 1, 2020
- They recommend filling out as soon as possible
- You will be required to upload the first page of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and report your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from your FAFSA
Obtain a copy of your transcript after first semester grades are posted.
- You will need to enter information on the application about class rank, GPA, ACT/SAT scores
- School counselors will upload an official copy of the transcript for high school seniors
- Make sure you have their email address correct
- Current college students will need to upload an OFFICIAL transcript that they have obtained from their current school (a DARS report or a screen shot of your grades online is NOT accepted as official)
If your application is fully submitted by Friday, February 12, 2021 the staff will review your application for completeness and email you with any issues by March 1, 2021. This will give you time to correct any problems before the final deadline on Friday, March 12, 2021.
This does not increase your chances of receiving a scholarship but provides an opportunity for mistakes to be corrected before the deadline and decreases the possibility of your application being ineligible.
We’re excited to host FARM CREDIT MID-AMERICA SCHOLARS in 2021. This program awards $5,000 in scholarship support over a two year period. It has built-in leadership and financial development workshops as well. We’re looking for the next generation of leaders – leaders who want to make a difference in the field of agriculture – to be members of our 2021-22 cohort. The candidate is a rising sophomore or rising junior in the fall of 2021, pursuing a degree in agriculture from a university within our four state footprint (IN, OH, KY and TN). A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
We also offer $1,500 scholarships to students attending accredited two- or four-year colleges, universities or vocational/trade schools. Recipients of our CUSTOMER AGRICULTURAL SCHOLARSHIP must be children or grandchildren of Farm Credit Mid-America customers pursuing a career supporting the agricultural industry. Rising freshman through rising seniors are invited to apply.
If you know someone who is majoring in agriculture and would be a good candidate for either of these scholarships, we would appreciate your sharing information with them. The application can be found on our website – click here. Deadline to apply is December 31, 2020. If you have any questions about the scholarship program, contact Randy Barbee at firstname.lastname@example.org; 502-494-5713.