Quality Assurance Training is required for all 4-H and FFA members who will be exhibiting a livestock project at the Fairfield County Junior Fair. This includes the following projects:
- Beef (Breeding & Market)
- Dairy Breeding & Dairy Feeders
- Goats (Angora, Dairy, Meat, Market & Pygmy)
- Poultry (Breeding & Market)
- Sheep (Breeding & Market)
- Rabbits (Breeding & Market)
- Llamas & Alpacas (New for 2020)
4-H and FFA members must complete Quality Assurance this year by Friday, September 4th to meet this requirement. This deadline is for 2020 only.
Here are your options to complete the Quality Assurance requirement for 2020:
- Option 1: Complete Quality Assurance online through YQCA. This is the only approved online option. It does cost $12 per member annually. If you plan to show in other livestock shows this year outside of Ohio – I actually recommend completing QA in this way as some of the national stock shows actually will require YQCA to meet their Quality Assurance Requirement.
- Visit http://yqca.org/ to complete QA if you choose this option.
- Fairfield County 4-H Members should select “sign in with 4-HOnline”. It will prompt you to select a state and then enter your 4-HOnline account information. After successfully logging in, you will be given a list of active family members. Select the family member and start the account creation process.
- Fairfield County FFA Members (who are not in 4-H) should select FFA & Independent Sign-In.
- Make sure you work through the entire program until you see a certificate number.
- For a complete list of directions visit: Getting Your YQCA Online Certification
- Please email your certificate number to email@example.com.
- Option 2: In-Person Club Quality Assurance Training. Talk to your club/chapter advisor. Some are trained to teach Quality Assurance. I know that they are still figuring out how their meetings will look now that in-person events can resume. If your advisor is planning to teach QA by September 4th, they are able to do this in-person with you.
- If the above options do not work for you, Option 3 is to complete QA through Zoom with the Extension Office. Four sessions have been previous offered. One session remains: Session 5: 8/24/2020 at 7:00 PM.
- All family members must plan to attend the entire QA session. Plan for 90 minutes.
- You must have a good internet connection with video capabilities to participate.
- Registration is required at least 48 hours prior to the QA session you plan to attend by clicking this link: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5Bmi9FlbfUOajat
- Each session is limited to 40 families. Families only need to register once if all family members plan to participate at the same time.
- Approximately 24 hours prior to your scheduled QA session, you will receive your Zoom connection information from Leslie Cooksey.
Please reach out to Leslie Cooksey if you have any questions (email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 740-277-4625).