Attention 4-H Horse Advisors and Members,
During the COVID-19 emergency, there are no options for 4-H horse kids to show their horses. Huron County Horse Council has created an online Virtual Horse Show. All 4-H horse project members are welcome to participate. Please share this information with members in your county.
Basic Information: The Virtual Horse Show is a Facebook group that offers classes, patterns and a real judge! Kids pay a small fee of $5 per class to help cover the judge’s fees. All remaining funds are earmarked for our new horse barn fund, Build the Barn.
Participants are not required to dress up or take their horses anywhere. All they need is a yard and someone to take a video. To participate in the show, one does not need to have a Facebook account, only an email. Participants email their entry forms to email@example.com
Awards: 1st place receives a $5 credit for the next show to apply to a class. We have many sponsors donating prizes for high-point awards at each show as well.
- Link to the Entry Form https://form.jotform.com/201063646876056
- Payment via Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Venmo @Katie-Jackson-804
- There are 2 sections to each show.
- Show 1, Section A starts April 22nd and ends May 6th for Showmanship, English, and Driving.
- Show 1, Section B will accept entries starting April 30th and classes will begin May 6th. Section B includes classes for Halter, Western, and Ranch (with a horsemanship class for gymkhana).
- The show series consist of 3 shows finishing in late July. At the conclusion of the show series, High Point awards will be mailed to the participants who scored the most points.
- The show is located on Facebook: 4-H ONLY Virtual Horse Show “Build the Barn for Huron County”.
- Facebook is not required to participate in the show. If you do not have a Facebook, please email Huroncountyvirtualshow@gmail.com for show information and patterns.
Questions? Contact Katie Jackson at email@example.com.