4-H Science Saturday is back on February 8,2020 with Science Saturday Sausage! Find out where you meat comes from and learn more about food science. You’ll even make your own sausage to sample. Registration is limited to the first 20 registration from youth in grade 3-6. Find all the details at go.osu.edu/4HSciSat.
It’s time for the annual Plowboy Prom, hosted by OSU’s Collegiate 4-H chapter! Join us on March 14, 2020 at the Nationwide & Ohio 4-H Farm Bureau Center for an evening of square dancing, food and fun with music from The Pleasant Valley Boys. Admission is just $5 and doors open at 6 p.m. See you there for the “Captivating Carnival!”
The first Fairfield County Beekeepers Association BEE SCHOOL 2020, dedicated to the memory of our friend and beekeeping mentor, Arnold “The Bee Man” Crabtree, will be offered on three dates in February. This one-day class will be held Saturdays on Feb.15, Feb. 22, and Feb. 29, 2020, from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm, at St. Mark’s Church, 324 Gay St., Lancaster, Ohio.
$85 individuals- $65 for additional family member
Beginning Beekeeper Training Topics Include:
- The Colony & its organization
- Equipment & tools needed
- Components of a hive
- Starting with Bees
- How to take care of your bees
- Pest management
- Wintering your bees
You can register three ways:
- Online at tinyurl.com/fcbashop . Sign up and pay with a credit card. A registration form will be emailed to you.
- Email email@example.com to ask for a registration form that you may fill out and mail in with your payment.
- Download the registration form from Facebook – Fairfield County Beekeepers Association page under Files, or from the club website, fairfieldocuntybeekeepers.org. Fill out and mail in with payment.
We will contact students closer to your actual class date as a reminder, and with the details of the class. We look forward to seeing many new beekeepers in a class in 2020!
4-H Day is coming up on Saturday, March 7th from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in the AAA Building at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds. We could not host this “open house” and 4-H kickoff event without the help of our 4-H volunteers, youth, and families. Here is what we need and are looking for:
- Kids of all ages who want to show off their projects. All projects welcome – bring animals, project books, awards, displays, etc. Setup will begin at 11:00 a.m. and those kids who would like to have a display should contact 4-H Day Chair, Kelly Cramer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know what they plan to bring.
- Pens and cages will be available IF we know that they are bring an animal by Tuesday, February 25th at 5:00 p.m. If they bring an animal, they are responsible for feed, water, bedding, and cleaning up after their animal.
This is a great way for kids to engage in public speaking and add something to their Junior Achievement or Ohio 4-H Achievement Forms (4-H promotion/awareness at its finest!)
4-H Day is coming up on Saturday, March 7th from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in the AAA Building at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds. We could not host this “open house” and 4-H kickoff event without the help of our 4-H volunteers, youth, and families. Here is what we need and are looking for!
- Advisors who would like to put a club display/table together. We need to know how many tables/chairs you need. This is ideal for clubs who are able to add new members. Showcase what your club does over the course of the year. Cloverbud Clubs are welcome! Please contact Kelly Cramer (email@example.com) if you are interested in doing this. Setup begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Advisors/Volunteers who can help with registration and serve as runners (on an as-needed basis). We’ll let you know more specifics when you arrive that day!
We look forward to hearing from many of you! This is a huge event of the 4-H Advisory Committee where we expect over 100 youth and adult volunteers to make this happen. Additionally, we expect to see over 300 prospective guests who are interested in our county 4-H program! Let’s show them what we have to offer!
Don’t forget to join us March 7th, 1-3 pm at the AAA Building on the Fairfield County Fairgrounds to learn more about our Fairfield County 4-H Program.
4-H Day is a great opportunity to learn about 4-H, see what projects are available, and meet clubs in Fairfield County. Save the date because we would love to see you and your family on Saturday, March 7th!
The 47th Annual Sewing Smorgasbord held Saturday, March 21st, Doors open at 8:30a.m. This event draws youth and adult sewing/crafting enthusiasts from around the state and country. There are classes for youth and adults, so don’t miss out. There is more information available here: 2020 Sewing Smorgasbord Flyer
The Youth Conservationist Program is Sponsored by the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Youth have the opportunity to receive a heritage wool breed ewe to raise, show, and breed. Information is available below and questions can be directed to Elaine Ashcraft at 740-622-1573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Youth Poultry Clinic is open to all youth (and adults) interested in learning more about poultry. It will be held April 18, 2020 at OSU ATI, Wooster, OH. Registration must be postmarked by April 1, 2020 and is $20 per youth and $25 per adult. Everyone MUST register to eat refreshments and/or lunch, whether or not attending sessions. Topics include: Avian Anatomy (Necrospy), All About Eggs, Broilers A-Z, Exhibition Poultry, OPA/Careers, Digestion/Nutrition, Ovum to Oviposition, and Q&A Corner. Poultry Quality Assurance will be offered after lunch for Ohio youth needing Youth Quality Assurance certification for 2020. The Registration Form and ATI Campus Map are available at www.go.osu.edu/poultrycalendar.
Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is recruiting positive role models to serve as camp counselors and staff for this summer! Sea Camp is held from July 11-15, 2020 at Erie County 4-H Camp Kelleys Island. Mandatory on-site training for volunteers and counselors begins on July 10.
All camp counselors MUST be age 18 or older at the start of camp (July 11). Because of this age requirement, recent graduates of the 4-H program including past camp counselors would be excellent candidates!
Click here for: 2020 Sea Camp Counselor Application Packet