Fairfield County Junior Camp is July 7-10th. Here are some important arrival reminders below.
CHECK-IN is from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. When you arrive at camp, go immediately to the main lodge to register, receive your cabin assignment, and be directed to further stations. Supervision at camp is not available until 15 minutes prior to the start of registration, please plan to arrive accordingly. After check-in, parents need to please escort your camper to their cabin, so you may chat with the counselor about anything they need to know. Be prepared to walk the hills and be sure to wear appropriate footwear!
- Bring a completed Ohio 4-H Health Statement (with photo), The Permission to Participate Form can be turned in to the Extension Office prior to camp or must be brought to check-in at camper registration and a CAMPER RELEASE FORM (required for EVERY camper). Each camper MUST have a “Camper Release Form” (see attached card) on file which authorizes who is allowed to pick-up your child from camp at dismissal. List name, relationship (i.e. grandparent, sibling, neighbor), and phone number. This form must be brought with you to check-in at camper registration (if not already turned into to the Extension Office with other forms prior to camp).
- Each child will participate in a Health Assessment upon their arrival. This is a very simple procedure that will include taking their temperature and asking a few health related questions. Children who have a fever or are determined to be ill may be asked to return home. This is Ross-Hocking Extension Camp Association Policy.
- Parking – Upon arrival, you may park in the parking lot behind the lodge or grass area around the flag pole— NOT on the hills or trails.
Here are your check-out reminders:
- CHECK-OUT is at 10:00 a.m. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early. Campers and staff will not be ready to leave!
- CAMPER RELEASE: Please wait outside the front of the lodge when you come to pick up your camper(s). When all campers are accounted for (off the hills and inside the lodge), then parents will enter the front of the lodge, show picture identification (i.e. Driver’s License) to camp staff (matching one of two names provided on the Camper Release Form). Parents will SIGN OUT their camper, take the signed Camper Release Form to their child’s counselor to get their camper and belongings.
- Be sure to double check your possessions when you leave camp. Lost items are hard to match to their owners. You are responsible for your possessions. We ask that you do not bring expensive or valuable items to camp.
- If your camper must leave earlier than the stated release time, you MUST complete this information on the CAMPER RELEASE FORM (card) and give it to us at check-in. This form is required by all campers for camp dismissal. Once a camper leaves camp, he/she is NOT permitted to return to camp.