There is a NEW opportunity for 2018—the Ohio 4-H Event Youth Assistant (4HEYA) Program. Even though these applications are not due until May 15, 2018 -we wanted to start sharing more information so you can help promote this to your teens as an additional opportunity. (Thank you for doing so!). Here is a basic overview of the opportunity:
What: 4-H Event Youth Assistant (4HEYA)
Who: Individuals age 13-18 (as of January 1 of the year of application) and have at least 1 year prior 4-H experience.
Time Frame: Apply by May 15, 2018 and selection, training, service to Ohio State Fair, and evaluation. Complete responsibilities by August 31, 2018.
Applications available at:
Requirements (in addition to application/selection process):
- Training: Must attend one of the options for training (July 10 or July 19, 2018).
- Events: Must work a minimum of 3 events at the Ohio State Fair; may work more if desired.
- Program Fee: $25/person for first year members; $10 for 2nd or more year members.
- Teens Receive:
- 4HEYA Polo & Nametag
- State Fair admission, parking ticket, and meal ticket(s)
- Optional State Fair housing in the Rhodes Center (if desired)
- Experience of working events at the Ohio State Fair
- Opportunity to enhance leadership skills and be involved in the State 4-H program