The Fairfield County Livestock Judging Team has concluded their 2016 season and anxiously anticipate another successful campaign in 2017. We look forward to seeing new and existing team members at our January 4th Informational Meeting/Club Sign-ups from 6-8pm at the OSU Extension Office!
Year in Review:
- 1st place Overall – ATI Livestock Judging Contest in Wooster, Ohio
- James Smith – 2nd high individual, 1st placings
- Allie Poston 3rd high individual, 1st oral reasons
- 2nd High Junior Team – Ohio State Fair
- Notable finishes include Allie Poston, High Jr. Individual (2nd Cattle, 3rd Oral Reasons, 3rd Swine, 5th Goats); Josh Starner, 6th High Jr. Individual (7th Swine, 8th Cattle, 10th Sheep) and Jeff King (9th Swine)
- James Smith represented the Senior Team well as 8th High Sr. Individual (7th Sheep, 9th Swine)
- 3rd place Junior Team – Ohio Beef Expo
- Teammates Jeff King, Josh Starner, Austin Hunker (Huron)
- 5th place Junior Team – Ohio Beef Expo
- Teammates Allie Poston, Lexi Smith (6th High Jr. Overall), Emma Preston
- Abigail Thornton (11th High Sr. Overall)
No formal training is needed – just a desire to learn and an interest in livestock industry knowledge – open to 4-H and FFA members of all ages as their time allows. Participation in every practice or contest is not required, but is encouraged.
Anyone with questions about participating in the Fairfield County Livestock Judging Club may contact the coaches, Trey Miller (740-505-0514) or Justin Bachman (740-974-3369). You can also email email@example.com