Conifers that change color… Conifers that require no pruning… Conifers for shady areas? Join us to look at a brief description and cultural requirements for conifers. Plus, a look at some of the many new varieties and where to find them..
Bob Iiames, Jr. is a member of the American Conifer Society, Ohio Valley North American Rock Garden Society, and is past president of the Miami Valley Hosta Society. Bob has provided continuing education to many Ohio and Indiana, Master Gardener Volunteers, as well as Miami Valley Green Industry Professionals. He has spoken to numerous garden clubs, plant societies, the Great Lakes Region Hardy Plant Society, the Federation of Garden Clubs, Ohio Association of Garden Clubs, local garden centers, and at Hosta College.
This program will be presented via Zoom on Thursday, February 18. 2021 at 6:30 PM
Register at: go.osu.edu/coniferstoday
For a schedule of upcoming programs including Brie Arthur (Foodscaping) and Amy Steward (The Drunken Botanist) go to greene.osu.edu under Master Gardener, upcoming events and programs or click here: https://greene.osu.edu/program-areas/master-gardener-volunteers/upcoming-programs-and-events
Please join us Tuesday September 22 at 12 pm to 1 pm for our Healthy Living webinar on Back to School in the Age of COVID.
Register at go.osu.edu/healthylivingseries
Please join a team Family Consumer Sciences professionals from around Southwest Ohio for series of free lunch and learn webinars on a variety of Healthy Living topics.
Webinars will be once a month on Tuesdays from 12 pm – 1 pm.
- September 22: Back to School in the Age of COVID – Presented by Kellie Lemly, FCS Educator Champaign County
- October 20: Living in the Present Moment – Presented by Laura Stanton, FCS Educator Warren County
- November 17: Holiday Gift Giving on a budget – Presented by Brenda Sandman-Stover, FCS and 4-H Program Assistant Greene County
- December 15: Healthy Eating During the Holidays – Presented by Laura Halladay, FCS Educator Greene County
More information: Healthy Living Series Flyer
You can register for individual classes or for the whole series at: http://go.osu.edu/healthylivingseries
Fall Gardening Made Easy: Extend the Season
Join us Saturday, September 26th, 10:00 – 11:00 A.M.
The second session will cover growing a fall vegetable garden with an eye on spring. Learn how a fall planting of spinach and garlic earlier can produce a more productive spring harvest. We will discuss fall planting under row covers to protect and continue growing after frost kills the warm season vegetables. Learn to construct a porch size version for leafy greens all winter.
September 17, 2020 6:30–7:30 p.m.
The wildlife in your backyard can be a welcome sight for some or a landscape nightmare for others. Join the OSU Extension Greene County
Master Gardeners Volunteers for a look at some of the visitors that make you wonder, who’s backyard is it anyhow!
Dealing with unwanted guest. Coping With Canada Geese
Canada goose populations in communities and urban areas can cause conflict and damage. Learn strategies and management options to cope with Canada geese in this webinar. Marne Titchenell Wildlife Program Specialist, with OSU Extension. She works to provide a variety of educational programs, workshops, conferences, and publications centered on wildlife ecology and biology, habitat management for wildlife, and managing nuisance wildlife species.
Below are just a few of the many upcoming programs in Southwest Ohio. If you have any questions, please call OSU Extension Greene County, Trevor Corboy, at 937-372-9971.
- An Afternoon of Hostas in Greene County on February 9 – go to greene.osu.edu for registration
- Regional eFields Meeting at Clinton County – February 13, 2019
- 9:00AM – 12:00PM. Clinton County Extension Office. This meeting is open to anyone interested in on-farm research results from this area and around the state. See the attached flyer to register for this free event or use go.osu.edu/eFields to get more information.
- Ohio Intensive Soybean Management Workshop – February 19, 2019
- Clinton County Extension Office – 9:00AM – 3:30PM, Cost $35.00
- Contact Clinton County Extension Office at 937-382-0901 to register. For more information see the attached flyer.
- CCA Credits will be available for Certified Crop Advisors as well as Private and Commercial Pesticide Applicator Recertification Credits.
- CTC (Conservation Tillage & Technology Conference) – March 5-6, 2019 at Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio. For all session information, registration and hotel options, click here.
- 2019 FARMERS’ BREAKFAST SERIES
- Feb 8: The Future of Data Management in Precision Ag, Scott Shearer
- WHERE: Der Dutchman Restaurant, 445 S Jefferson Ave, Plain City.
- AGENDA: Breakfast and registration from 8:30-9:00 with guest speaker following from 9:00-10:00.
- COST: Free, includes hot breakfast buffet
- REGISTRATION: Contact Mary Griffith, email@example.com or 740-852-0975
- Southwest Ohio Corn Growers Annual Meeting, March 12, 2018 from 9:30AM – 1:00PM at the Fayette County Fairgrounds.
- Pre-registration can be done by calling Fayette County Extension Office 740-335-1150 by March 5, 2019.
- Speaker will be Ben Brown, Program Manager for Farm Management, Ohio State University – Topics: Farm Bill and Farm Outlook.
- Fertilizer Certification Class for Commercial or Private Applicators, March 15, 2019 in the Greene County Extension Office. This class is open to anyone that has not yet received their fertilizer certification. This event will be from 9:00AM – 12:00PM. The cost is $30.00.
- Getting Your Affairs in Order, March 18, 2019 in Greene County or March 20, 2019 in Clinton County.
- For registration and more information: Click here.
- Extending the Growing Season Series in Greene County on March 22 – more information coming soon.
- Come Join Us for the…Small Farm Conference & Trade Show
- The two day conference will be held on Friday, March 29th and Saturday, March 30th at the OSU South Centers in Piketon, Ohio.
- The conference is designed for small farm owners wanting to learn more about how to make their farms work better for them. Many topics will be offered to help landowners expand their operations. Land owners can attend workshops and seminars taught by Extension professionals and industry leaders on a wide variety of agricultural enterprises. Attendees will also get to meet various vendors at the trade show. The trade show will be open part of the day on Friday, and all day Saturday.
- For full details, please go to go.osu.edu/OSUFARMConference2019.
- Do you still need Commercial or Private Pesticide Recertification credits?
- Do you want to spray any of the Dicamba products in 2019?
Questions, call Trevor Corboy at 937-372-9971 ext. 114.