Please add volunteer training dates to the calendar that was sent out.
As a reminder, all 4-H volunteers must participate in training annually. The following are in-person training that will take place at the OSU Extension Office. All of these trainings will count for the requirement. We will cover 4-H updates, OSU policy 1.50, and Laura Halladay will present Trauma 101.
- Thursday, January 13, 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, January 26, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 22, 6:00 PM- New volunteer orientation will be part of this
- Wednesday, February 23, 10:00 AM- Cloverbud volunteer will be part of this
We will have a virtual option. It should be up by the end of January. Thanks for your patience.
All volunteers will need to participate in either one of the in-person trainings or the virtual training, and update their enrollment in 4-H Online by April 1, 2022 to remain an active volunteer.
All volunteers will receive a thank you gift at the training. If you complete the online training, we will have it for pick up here.
The Greene County Extension Office is excited to announce that we are accepting 4-H enrollments to the 4-H Online enrollment system. Please log on to oh.4honline.com to enroll in 4-H.
All families will need to review their members’ information and re-enroll for 2020 via 4-HOnline.
Please make sure you delete any projects that you from last year that you are not taking this year.
For steps to re-enroll, please click here or visit here for helpful videos.
- Please complete your enrollment and update any information as needed.
- Complete the online training or attend an in-person training. When training is completed, we will approve you. Trainings must be completed by March 14 for the 2020 year.
If your family is looking to enroll in 4-H for the very first time, please read below:
- Choose a club which meets in your area, a club your child’s friends are in, or contact the Extension Office for more information. Contact the club advisor. Youth may join 4-H at any time; however, to participate in the Greene County Fair, they must be enrolled by March 1.
- Complete an online enrollment form at oh.4honline.com and select “I need to setup a profile.” OR contact the Extension Office for additional enrollment information.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Feel free to stop by during business hours to complete this if that is easier for you.
Mark your calendars for a Multi-County 4-H Training on Thursday, February 28. Great way for 4-H Volunteers to get their mandatory Policy 1.50 Training (two sessions offered) and youth to get their Quality Assurance Training.
Register today at: go.osu.edu/2019multicountytraining
- Policy 1.50 – Two sessions offered. Come early for the 6:30 class.
- Livestock Updates and Quality Assurance – from Lizz Share, State Extension Specialist, 4-H/Youth Development Livestock and Food Animal Programs
- Cloverbud Volunteer Resources
- Cake Decorating & Creative Arts
- Teen Trips & Opportunities
- Growing Great Qualities in Kids
- How to Complete Your 4-H Project
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity for youth and adult volunteers!
For the second year, we will be offering a volunteer training with a youth component!
Training will take place February 28 at 7:00 p.m. at the Warren County Career Center. Please register at go.osu.edu/2019multicountytraining
Quality Assurance will be offered! Don’t miss out. An additional teen session would be for teen trips and state opportunities.
In addition, all volunteers still needing the required 1.50 training, this is the place to go. This will meet the annual requirement.
Additional breakout sessions include Cloverbud Volunteer training, Cake Decorating/Creative Arts updates, Growing Great Qualities in Kids, and Woodworking.
Don’t miss out!
Volunteer trainings start next week! It is hard to believe we are getting ready to start another great year of 4-H.
Just a reminder, here are the dates for volunteer trainings.
In addition, there is an online option for volunteers. Please see attachment for details.
Let us know if you have any questions!
Happy New Year!
Stay warm today and complete your required volunteer training from the comfort of your couch. For volunteers who have been active for 2016 and 2017 are able to complete required training online. Here are the directions. All training (in-person or online) must be completed by Feb. 22.