Today’s Teen Tip video was created by Family and Consumer Sciences Educator, Katie Schlagheck. It is called “How to Measure Ingredients” and it can be found here. Measuring liquid ingredients is much different than measuring dry ingredients, Katie will demonstrate the correct technique for both including the best way to measure flour and brown sugar.
Applications and more information to be an Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council (TLC) member are now available online at: go.osu.edu/TLC. Please note applications (and other materials, including letters of recommendation) are due (not postmarked; received!) by Friday, August 14, 2020.
- Age: Individuals must be 14-18 as of January 1 the year of application to apply for council member, committee member, committee chair, and officer.
- Number of Meetings/Events: See the program structure outline on the application for specific numbers of meetings and events. Members are required to attend at least 75% of meetings and events.
- Working Events: Members are required to work a number of statewide events at the Ohio State Fair, and elsewhere throughout the state (Farm Science Review, Legislative Luncheon, etc.). Each level of membership differs in the number of events that are required. See the program structure for more information.
- Location of meetings: Meetings are typically held at the Ohio 4-H Center in Columbus, Ohio, but there are occasionally instances when they are held elsewhere due to events on Ohio State’s Campus. In these instances, meetings may be held at locations close to campus. Refer to the application for the locations for the 2020-2021 year. Members will be notified prior to the location change.
- Additional Opportunities: Depending on the level of involvement, council members have the option to apply for additional opportunities including the National 4-H Conference, Ohio 4-H Foundation Board, and other opportunities that may arise.
Today’s Teen Tip video is called “Basic Banking”. It can be found by clicking on this link. The video offers teens tips on basic banking including savings accounts, checking accounts, and debit/credit cards.
Today’s Teen Tip video is called “How to Make a Healthy Fruit Smoothie”. It can be found by clicking on this link. The video offers teens tips on how to make a healthy fruit smoothie including ingredient options and health benefits
Today’s Teen Tip video is called “Go Out There and Fail!” and can be found on YouTube using this link. Sometimes our irrational thoughts about awful outcomes or needs for perfection may keep us from trying new activities. As we can tell ourselves rational statements—of our possible failures as we get better at new activities—those might help free us up simply to do our best.
Today’s Teen Tip Video is “Time to Change That Flat Tire” and can be found at this https://youtu.be/qsQjW36BAZM YouTube link. We hope you enjoy it!
Watch today’s teen tip. It is on “Basic First Aid.”
It can be found at this YouTube link https://youtu.be/IYy-SywcfN4.
Today’s Teen Tip Tuesday is all about “How to Check the Oil in Your Car.” Please watch and encourage others too as well!
“Take the Leap: Career Readiness Day” will take place on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center! This event is open to any 4-H member – ages 13 to 18 – and is completely FREE!
This day is jam-packed full of opportunities for participants with some highlights listed here:
- Learn about 4-H opportunities at the state level from Health Heroes, State Fashion Board, and Teen Leadership Council
- Rotate through career preparation workshops covering topics such as networking, etiquette, resume building, using LinkedIn, and interview planning
- Engage in discussions about financial literacy and financial risk
See flyer for registration information or click go.osu.edu/taketheleap
Registration is due Friday, Jan. 24