Jamie Arthur of Little Miami Farms of Spring Valley will highlight his farming operation which involves raising malting barley and hops along with his involvement with the craft beer industry at the Monday June 25 meeting of Greene Co. Farm Forum. In addition he will share some of the research ongoing at OSU and other universities related to plant breeding and the opportunities for raising malt barley and hops.
The June 25 program starts at 6:30 p.m. with a meal and will be held at Union United Methodist Church located at 1145 Union Road, Xenia. The meal cost is $12/person and will be served prior to the program which starts around 7:15 p.m. Please RSVP Paul Ayres by Friday June 22 if you intend to have dinner. No reservations are necessary if you just wish to attend the meeting. For reservations contact Paul Ayres at 937-352-6379 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The meeting is open to the public and sponsored by Greene Co. Farm Forum.
Acreage Allocation & March Grower Meetings
Origin Malts and Malting Seed Producers are excited to announce we are ready to start tracking acreage allocation interest for contracted malting barley acres for the 2018 planting season! To indicate your interest, please do the following:
- Complete this short online form to indicate your acreage allocation interest: Click Here.
- If new to malting barley, attend the OSU Malting Barley Workshop on March 15th in Union County. For details: Click Here.
- Attend one of four grower meetings in March, see below for details.
Origin Malts are hosting four informational meetings in locations across Ohio where we will be cover the following topics:
- About Origin Malts
- Malting Barley Agronomy & Best Practices
- Specialty Contract Expectations
- Economics of Growing Malting Barley
March Meeting Details & RSVP:
- March 19, Wayne County: Click Here
- March 20, Fayette County: Click Here
- March 21, Paulding County: Click Here
- March 22, Trumbull County: Click Here