Monday, March 15,2021
8:30 A.M. -11:30 A.M. • OSU Extension Greene County
This meeting will fulfill the three-hour requirement for private and commercial applicators who need the agricultural fertilizer applicator certification.
Who should attend the training? Fertilizer certification is required if you apply fertilizer (other than manure) to more than 50 acres of agricultural production grown primarily for sale. If you hire a co-op or other custom applicator to make your fertilizer applications, you do not need the certification. This training is for private and commercial applicators.
What will be covered? Best management practices will be the basis of the agricultural fertilizer certification training with a focus on fertilizer applications that have the appropriate rate, timing, placement and source.
This is an in-person meeting located at:
OSU Extension Greene County, 100 Fairground Road, Xenia, Ohio 45385
Cost: $30 payable to OSU Extension
Registration is required and limited. Please register at go.osu.edu/greenefert2021
2021 Pesticide Applicator Recertification: Due to COVID-19, the deadline for pesticide applicator recertification has been extended for 2021. Private applicators whose certification was set to expire on 3/31/21 now have until 7/1/21 to recertify. We have a few options for applicators who want to certify this winter:
1. In-person traditional recertification: This in person recertification is $35 for pesticide recertification and $10 for fertilizer recertification. Pre-Registration is required. In the event that this program cannot be held in person, it will be transitioned into a virtual format, so it is important that we have current contact information to keep you up-to-date. Register at: go.osu.edu/greenepat2021
- March 15: 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
• 12:30pm-1:30pm, Fertilizer Recertification (Category 15)
• 1:30 pm-4:30pm, Pesticide Recertification (Core, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
2. One-on-One recertification: Anyone who would like to recertify in person can schedule an appointment to recertify with me on a one-on-one basis. Please call or email my office to schedule an appointment if this is your preference (see contact information above).
3. A self-paced online session will also be available. Cost to attend the self-paced class is $35 for pesticide recertification and $10 for fertilizer recertification. Registration information for the self-paced class will be available beginning January 11, 2021. Check go.osu.edu/pesticide2021 for up to date information on this.
If you have questions, contact Trevor at email@example.com or 937-372-9971.