The Youth Conservationist Program is Sponsored by the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Youth have the opportunity to receive a heritage wool breed ewe to raise, show, and breed. Information is attached and questions can be directed to Elaine Ashcraft at 740-622-1573 or email@example.com.
Thankful for all of our 4-H families, supporters, volunteers, and stakeholders. Please consider changing your Kroger rewards to OSU Extension Greene County for your grocery shopping over the next few weeks. We appreciate it!
Support Greene County 4-H Just By Buying Groceries!
You can link your Kroger Plus Card to our Kroger Community Rewards Program. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click sign in / register- If you don’t have an online account already, you must first set one up by going to Get Started
- Go to My Account
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards info and input your Kroger Plus Card number
- Enter Number: DX823 and organization name: Ohio State University Extension, Greene County
The 4-H Advisory Committee raises money to support the 4-H program right here in Greene County. They are hosting the Scentsy sale. All money raised will be used to cover the cost to swim the week after fair at the Splash Bash.
The Scentsy sale has been extended through Jan. 20. You can stop to pick up an order form or you can support the Greene County 4-H Advisory Committee by purchasing online at https://HomeScents18.Scentsy.us/party/11389312
Please make sure the top corner says “Greene County Ohio 4-H.”
Credit card, PayPal, and checks are all accepted.
Thank you for supporting Greene County 4-H!
Share with your friends.
Share with your family.
Share with your book club.
Share with your library.
Share with everyone you know!!
4-H enrollment is due March 1, 2020.
The Greene County Extension Office is excited to announce that we are accepting 4-H enrollments to the 4-H Online enrollment system. Please log on to oh.4honline.com to enroll in 4-H.
All families will need to review their members’ information and re-enroll for 2020 via 4-HOnline.
Please make sure you delete any projects that you from last year that you are not taking this year.
- Please complete your enrollment and update any information as needed.
- Complete the online training or attend an in-person training. When training is completed, we will approve you. Trainings must be completed by March 14 for the 2020 year.
If your family is looking to enroll in 4-H for the very first time, please read below:
- Choose a club which meets in your area, a club your child’s friends are in, or contact the Extension Office for more information. Contact the club volunteer. Youth may join 4-H at any time; however, to participate in the Greene County Fair, they must be enrolled by March 1.
- Complete an online enrollment form at oh.4honline.com and select “I need to setup a profile.” OR contact the Extension Office for additional enrollment information.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Feel free to stop by during business hours to complete this if that is easier for you.
Hello 4-H Volunteers!
- Are at least age 18 as of July 11, 2020;
- Have the week of July 10-15, 2020 available to spend on Kelleys Island;
- Are enthusiastic in working with teenage youth in a camp setting;
- Have previous experience as a 4-H camp counselor;
- Look forward to aquatic discovery and exploration in and around the waters of Lake Erie;
- Enjoy outdoor recreation such as boating, fishing, kayaking, sailing, and other new adventures…
- Being a Camp Counselor at Sea Camp is a perfect fit for you!
Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is held July 11-15 at Erie County 4-H Camp on Kelleys Island. Counselors will arrive on Friday, July 10 for training and must be available for the duration of camp.
For those of you unfamiliar with Kelleys Island, there is a ferry that travels to and from the island! Staff members will need to drive or arrange transportation to/from Lakeside Marblehead ferry dock.
Camp activities include: water and sun safety, aquatic science, water navigation skills, boating education, swimming, snorkeling, fishing, career exploration, teambuilding challenges, and so much more! Housing for all staff and campers is traditional cabins with bunks.
If you are interested in applying to be a counselor, please complete the following steps and send ALL documentation by April 1 to the Coshocton County OSU Extension Office (724 S. 7th Street, Room 110, Coshocton, OH 43812) :
- Complete the application
- Sign Standards of Behavior
- Sign 4-H Camp Counselor Code of Conduct
- Have two references complete a referral for you
For individuals interested in serving as an adult staff member and/or instructor to Ohio 4-H Sea Camp, please visit: https://ohio4h.org/camp/sea-camp and select the option that is most appropriate for your interest. “Volunteer Staff” include adults who are on-site for the duration of camp and serve as instructors and program support throughout the week. “Guest Instructors” are volunteers who would be at camp for teaching a particular topic for one or two days of camp programming.
Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is under the direction of the following OSU Extension staff members:
Camp Director: Kayla Oberstadt, Ohio 4-H Program Manager
Assistant Camp Director: Jenny Strickler, Coshocton County 4-H Youth Development Educator
Assistant Camp Director: Ashley Hughey, Portage County 4-H Youth Development Educator
Any questions about overall camp information can be directed to Kayla (Oberstadt.firstname.lastname@example.org) or 614-292-3758. Point of contact for camp counselors is Jenny Strickler (email@example.com). Point of contact for guest instructors and adult staff is Ashley (Hughey.firstname.lastname@example.org).
There are several new and updated rules for Quality Assurance for youth exhibitors. Please take the time to review this completely as you might be needing to complete a new requirement for 2020.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Annual 4-H volunteer training is starting tomorrow. There are several in person trainings or you can complete this annual requirement online.
Please note: ALL trainings must be completed by March 14, 2020 to remain an active volunteer for 2020.
“Take the Leap: Career Readiness Day” will take place on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center! This event is open to any 4-H member – ages 13 to 18 – and is completely FREE!
This day is jam-packed full of opportunities for participants with some highlights listed here:
- Learn about 4-H opportunities at the state level from Health Heroes, State Fashion Board, and Teen Leadership Council
- Rotate through career preparation workshops covering topics such as networking, etiquette, resume building, using LinkedIn, and interview planning
- Engage in discussions about financial literacy and financial risk
See flyer for registration information or click go.osu.edu/taketheleap
Registration is due Friday, Jan. 24
Dr. Lyda Garcia is back at it bringing a top tier coaches training to the new year 2020. This professional development is designed for both FFA and 4-H Meat Judging Team coaches who are training teams to compete in local, state and national Meat Evaluation events in both the FFA and 4-H arenas. Participants will learn how to evaluate and coach all components in this competitive event as well as experience the judging component first hand as carcasses, retail and wholesale classes will be available for coaches to evaluate, in addition to learning how to identify the retail cuts in this competition. Presenters will also provide insight on how to coach your teams in all areas of the event. Click here to register.