Interest in keeping backyard poultry has been increasing steadily as more and more people want to provide for their family and personal food security. We have also seen an increase in youth keeping backyard chickens or turkeys for 4-H livestock projects.
Whatever your reason for raising poultry, this course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and resources you will need to get your backyard flock off to a great start.
This self-paced course is expected to take2-3 hours to complete and includes these 6 modules:
• Getting Started
• Brooding, Basic Husbandry & Nutrition
• Egg Production
• Maximizing Health
Course cost = $25
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
• Identify rules and regulations relevant to raising backyard poultry.
• Source healthy birds to raise in their backyard
• Apply concepts of basic husbandry, nutrition, and housing of poultry.
• Explain how eggs are produced
• Practice safe handling of birds and eggs
• Recognize common health-related abnormalities of poultry
• Describe the roles of veterinary care and biosecurity in poultry health
There are NO refunds issued for this course. If you have questions about the course, contact Tim McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.