We hope to see some Greene County 4-H members apply to be part of the Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council.
Details are below:
Applications and more information to be an Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council (TLC) member for the 2021-22 program year are now available online at: go.osu.edu/TLC. Please note: applications (and other materials, including letters of recommendation and program fees) are due (received, not postmarked!) by Friday, August 13, 2021.
Here are some highlights about the responsibilities of the council:
- Age: Individuals must be 14-18 as of January 1 the year of application to apply for council member, committee member, committee chair, and officer.
- Number of Meetings/Events: See the program structure outline on the application for specific numbers of meetings and events. Members are required to attend at least 75% of meetings and events.
- Working Events: Members are required to work a number of statewide events at the Ohio State Fair, and elsewhere throughout the state (Farm Science Review, Legislative Luncheon, etc.). Each level of membership differs in the number of events that are required. See the program structure for more information.
- Location of meetings: Meetings are typically held at the Ohio 4-H Center in Columbus, Ohio, but there are occasionally instances when they are held elsewhere due to events on Ohio State’s Campus. In these instances, meetings may be held at locations close to campus. Refer to the application for the locations for the 2021-2022 year. Members will be notified prior to the location change.
- Additional Opportunities: Depending on the level of involvement, council members have the option to apply for additional opportunities including the National 4-H Conference, Ohio 4-H Foundation Board, and other opportunities that may arise.