Dear Ohio BEEF Cattle letter subscribers,
Eight new articles have been posted in this week’s issue number 1230 of the Ohio BEEF Cattle letter: http://u.osu.edu/beef/
With temperatures throughout Ohio in the range of +/- zero most mornings, cows are requiring additional energy to avoid losing condition. With that along with calving season upon us, this week we take a look at managing forage quality. Also, will the ‘new normal’ involve more folks harvesting their own meat animals? If so, learn about some new resources we have to offer.
Articles this week include:
- Hay Quality; What a difference a year makes, or does it?
- Analyzing Forage Quality to Meet the Nutritional Needs of the Beef Cow
- Cold Stress and Beef Cows
- The Buckeye Beef Byte; a Conversation on Reproductive Management with Alvaro Garcia Guerra, Assistant Professor, OSU Dept of AnSci
- Resource Kit Available for Those Exploring a Meat Processing Business
- Extension Meat Specialist Offers Workshops to Tackle Meat Industry Labor Challenges
- Winter Storms and Cold Cattle in the Southeast
- Weekly Livestock Comments for February 12, 2021