Dear Ohio BEEF Cattle letter subscribers,
Seven new articles have been posted in this week’s issue number 1199 of the Ohio BEEF Cattle letter: http://u.osu.edu/beef/
While parts of Ohio received significant and much needed rainfall yesterday, other parts remain in near drought conditions combined with 90+ degree temperatures. This week we’re focused on management issues related to hot, dry weather.
Articles this week include:
- Pasture Management in a Drought
- Emergency Forages to Plant Mid-Summer
- Summer Planted Annual “Cover Crops” for Forage, a study conducted in 2019
- Ruminants, and the Impact of Hot Weather
- When to market culls?
- Hold cattle and delay marketing, or move them on?
- Livestock Risk Protection Changes