This year’s 4-H Cloverbot Challenge will be virtual and individual Cloverbuds are encouraged to participate instead of working in groups/clubs.
The Ohio 4-H Cloverbot Challenge gives 4-H Cloverbuds the opportunity to work cooperatively in teams to problem-solve using STEM (science, engineering, technology and math) skills. A new theme is selected each year and teams research a topic, build a working model of their solution to the Challenge issue and create a poster to illustrate their findings. Cloverbuds, team advisors and families come to the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center in the spring, for the Challenge event. Teams present their models and findings to a team of reviewers, learn about other Cloverbuds’ projects, participate in age-appropriate STEM activities and are recognized at a closing celebration.
This year’s 4-H Cloverbot Challenge will be virtual!
Here’s how it will work:
- All Cloverbuds are welcome to participate.
- No registration is required.
- The theme remains the same: On the Move. Read the Challenge details at the link below for more information, BUT…no poster is required!
- Create your model out of interlocking bricks (e.g., Mega Bloks, LEGOs) and take a photo.
- Send your photo to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your NAME, COUNTY and one sentence describing your model. Only the Cloverbud’s first name will be displayed.
- Deadline is June 13.
- Photos will be uploaded weekly to an online gallery on ohio4h.org
- Cloverbuds will receive a certificate of participation to the email sent for submission
More Information: https://ohio4h.org/families/cloverbuds/cloverbot-challenge
Deadline for submissions: June 13, 2020