Dear Ohio BEEF Cattle letter subscribers,
Six new articles have been posted in this week’s issue number 1105 of the Ohio BEEF Cattle letter: http://u.osu.edu/beef/
While Beef Quality Assurance has been around since the middle 80’s, thirty some years later it’s evolved from primarily a concern that we put all needles in the neck to a place that consumers want assurances what we produce is nutritious, sustainable and humanely raised. This week we talk about value cattlemen can find in today’s Beef Quality Assurance programs.
Articles this week include:
- Today, BQA Means More Than Just Needles in the Neck!
- Preconditioning Calves; Is it in the Cards?
- Economic Greats – 93 Percent of Cow’s Weight Harvested
- Nomination Deadline for 2018 OCA Replacement Female Sale is October 1
- Eastern Ohio Beef & Forage School Begins October 2nd
- Weekly Livestock Comments for August 31, 2018