Greene County will be hosting an intern for this upcoming summer.
2018 OSU Extension Summer Internship Program Application now available – Application Link
Whether you are passionate about food issues, agriculture, helping youth, the environment, or healthy people and communities, there is an internship opportunity for you! Interns can apply to work in one of 13 locations throughout Ohio.
Through this paid internship, you will work closely with a local OSU Extension educator as he or she teaches classes, works with volunteers and makes a difference in the community. As an intern, you will learn how you can use your education to make a difference in people’s lives and how what you are learning in college can have an impact on some of the most pressing issues facing Ohioans. Your intern work may include:
- Planning, helping or teaching community classes, day camps, field days or fairs
- Attending meetings with community leaders and volunteers
- Developing news articles, exhibits, brochures, marketing materials, and resources for educational curriculum
- Using social media and technology to share research-based information
- Participating in field research, helping with literature reviews, and testing new methods and curriculum
- Working with youth through 4-H activities, county fair, camps and project judgings
To Apply (Application link)
To be considered for one of these 12 paid internships, you must complete two years of college by June 1, 2018. Review the chart below to determine the internship in which you may be interested. You may apply for multiple positions with one application.
By February 28, 2018 (11:59 pm), submit the following information.
- Completed application survey
- Upload to the application survey:
- A cover letter
- A letter of recommendation from a professor, current or past advisor or past employer
Intern Work Period ♦ June 4 to August 10, 2018
All interns work 38 hours per week and will be paid $11 per hour. Interns who are earning college credit during this period will work 28 hours per week.
Interns will work closely with the OSU Extension educators in the county. This will include educators in agriculture and natural resources; family and consumer sciences; 4-H youth development; and community development.
Timeline for Review and Interviews
Interviews will take place the week of March 18, 2018 (in the region where the position is located or by phone/video.)
Successful candidates will be notified the week of March 25, 2018.
Internship Opportunities Available
Each internship focuses on a different area impacting local residents. Below are listed the counties where each internship will be located and the impact area(s) on which the position will focus.