This is the fourth post in our series detailing the upcoming innovateExtension event May 12th. You can view other posts in the series here.
How Do We Participate?
Registration for innovateOSU is now OPEN. Go here to register. This conference will most likely sell out, so we highly suggest you register as soon as possible!
Registration for innovateExtension will be available very soon – keep an eye out for updates!
Participants will be required to register in teams, so start thinking now about who will be on your team and what your team name will be (have some fun with it!) Some examples of groups that may be interested in participating as a team:
- Program Area or Design Team (i.e. 4-H STEM Pathways Design Team or FCS Healthy Relationships Team)
- Curriculum or Signature Program Team (Dining with Diabetes, Local Food)
- County Team
- Team made up for the event itself (collaboration across program areas is encouraged, as more diverse groups lead to the most creative ideas)
- Individuals who do not have a team, but want to participate (we’ll do the leg-work to match you up with others who need team members)
Will Our Team Have to Do Any Work Before the Event?
In a word, no. We’ll have a pre-event training on Creative and Innovative Thinking available to all event participants on April 28th, and provide some information about the event at that time. However, there is no commitment necessary in regard to your team needing to come to the event with topics or issues in mind. Teams can simply show up and see where the event takes them!
How Much Will This Cost Me?
Nothing! That’s right, it’s free! Our Ed Tech unit has been working hard to make sure this is a cost-free event available to all Extension staff. innovateOSU is also free.
- To provide a day-long work session for innovative program planning.
- To provide a fun environment conducive to creative thinking.
- To inspire teams and individuals to update programs, change the way they work, or develop solutions to organizational challenges.
- To provide Extension staff an opportunity to present new ideas and solutions to colleagues and administration.
Attend innovateOSU on May 11th to be inspired and learn how others in academia are creatively solving age-old dilemmas and finding new tools to strengthen their work.
Attend our post-innovate event just for OSU Extension on May 12th to put these ideas and inspiration into practice.
Alright, I’m In! But I Still Have Questions…
Leave us a comment below with any questions you may have. Or, feel free to send questions directly to Jamie or Danae.