This year’s OSUE Annual Conference theme, “Innovation in Action”, provides the opportunity to showcase the creative, innovative programming taking place across Ohio in Extension! The Ed Tech unit is excited to offer several breakout sessions this year, alongside our annual Tech Faire (formerly the “Tech Zoo”). We’ll also be announcing a few new Ed Tech initiatives for 2016.
Ed Tech – Led Focus Sessions:
Tuesday, December 8th
Wednesday, December 9th
- 10:15am: Breaking Down Barriers to Social Media
- 12:45pm: eXtension Educational Technology Learning Network: Building Bridges to Innovation in Extension
- 2:00pm: Digital Storytelling in Extension Programming (facilitated in partnership with Queenie Chow / OSU Digital Union)
- 2:00pm: Learn How to Live Stream
8:00am – 6:00pm: (Ohio Stater’s Room, 2nd Floor)
- Drop by anytime during this open house-style event. We’ll have Ed Techs, IT support, and communications staff on hand to answer questions. Extension Educators and other program staff will also be on hand throughout the day to share their innovative programming and tech skills/expertise.
- Pick up step-by-step printed resources, instructables, and 3D printed swag (first come, first served!)
- Take your “selfie from the future” at our Back to the Future photo booth complete with BTTF props! Offered in partnership with the Dean’s Conversation on the Future of Extension.
- The Faire will also of course feature new technology for OSUE program staff to consider (MaKey MaKey, virtual reality, 3D printing, etc. – get a preview from a video taken during last week’s 4-H Professionals’ Inservice in the link below).
— Jamie Seger (@JamieMSeger) November 10, 2015
What Focus Sessions are you presenting that showcase how you’re utilizing technology in your work? Add them in the comments below and we’ll see you at #OSUE2015!