Danae and I recently walked the Live Smart Ohio blog authors through an updated version of our blogging best practices tip sheet. It includes the useful rules of thumb below to check before you hit “publish” on your next blog post, especially if you submit your blog content for peer review.
Does your post…
- Have a good title that includes keywords?
- Have less than 300 words in the body of your post?
- Have a quality photo, image, infographic, or video included?
- Have a few embedded links that readers would find helpful?
- Have a call to action at the end? (information included that directs readers to local or statewide Extension / OSU resources)?
- Include content that can easily be repurposed?
- Cite your hyperlinked sources in the endnotes below the content?
More in-depth information and resource links for each tip in the list can be found in the slidedeck below.
We suggest bookmarking this post, or download and print the PDF to always have a copy in front of you.
Do you currently blog? Add your blog links in the comments below and tell us what you’ve been using your blog for!