Grant’s Farm & Greenhouses is donating all of the annual flowers you need to create your fair planters for the Club Flower Display Contest. Feel free to stop by the farm (5552 Bucktown Rd.) or the garden center (2115 S.R. 131) any time during business hours to pick out any annuals you need (flats, 6-packs, 4″pots, or 11″ baskets)! Just tell the cashier at checkout that it’s for 4-H.
Club Flower Display Container Contest
Flower Container Drop-Off: Thursday, July 22, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., 4-H Hall
Award Presentation: Thursday, July 29, at 7:00 p.m. during the Skillathon Awards Ceremony
- Clubs are responsible for taking care of their flower displays throughout the week.
- Plants must be planted inside the container. It is recommended that packing peanuts or an empty milk jug be placed in the bottom of the container then filled with soil to reduce weight.
- Containers must be easily moved. Containers will be displayed at the entryway of buildings and barns around the fairgrounds.
- Flower containers should be the work of club members.
- The club name must be visibly displayed on the flower container.
- The fair theme should be incorporated into the overall design. The 2021 fair theme is “Time Marches On!”
- Flower containers must be turned in to the Extension Office between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday, before fair.
- Flower displays will be judged on originality/creativity, overall design and incorporation of the fair theme. Awards will be given for first to fifth place as well as individual honors for the Most Creative, Most Colorful and Best 4-H Design. Designs turned in late will not be judged.
Thank you to the Grant Family for their generosity and support of the Clermont County 4-H Program!