New resources recently published on the Farm Office website at farmoffice.osu.edu include:
- Facing Farm Financial Stress: An Overview of the Bankruptcy Option is a seven part law bulletin and infographic series written with assistance from David Marrison, Coshocton County; Hannah Scott, OSU South Centers and Chris Zoller, Tuscarawas County. We cover considerations before making the bankruptcy decision, the bankruptcy legal process, and thriving after bankruptcy—and also offer advice from farmers who’ve been through bankruptcy. It’s available on our Farm Finance Law library, here.
- Statutory Liens and Agriculture, the seventh law bulletin in our series for beginning farmers on legal instruments used in farm financing. That series is also available in the Farm Finance Law library, here.
- Law fellow Ellen Essman has written a review of court cases arising from agricultural nutrients and water quality issues. Agricultural Nutrients and Water Quality: Recent Litigation in the United States is here.
- Several publications have been added to the Agritourism library page: a new law bulletin on Ten Legal Issues for Farm Stay Operators and a report on Recent Agritourism Litigation in the U.S. Both are here.
Hot questions in Ag Law
- Noxious weeds has been a hot question area lately. Don’t forget that we have a law bulletin on Ohio’s Noxious Weeds Law, here.
- Line fence law questions….We have a law bulletin on that! Line fence law FAQs here and a procedural guide for township trustees (who sometimes aren’t aware of their legal duties) here.