Ohio 4-H recognizes and rewards individual excellence, whether it is in project work, leadership, citizenship or community service. Ohio 4-H Scholarships were established in 1976 in order to help young people become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. There are currently 36 statewide 4-H scholarships being offered.
Criteria, Instructions, and Application
In addition to personal information, before beginning this 4-H Scholarship Application please make sure you have the following items available.
- Academic honors you have received
- If you are or will be an Ohio State student, your OSU username.# and ID# can be found on your receipt of admission application email
- Information about your current or anticipated college or university (name, city, state)
- Intended academic major
- Detailed information about your major 4-H leadership roles; you should know the names of the roles, the years, level(s), duties and accomplishments
- Detailed information about major 4-H honors that you have received
- Information about your educational, career, or personal goals and what impact 4-H has had on those ambitions
- Personal statement explaining why a 4-H scholarship would be important to you achieving a college education AND how 4-H has contributed to your personal development, leadership and other skills and to your likely success in life
College of Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Sciences scholarship information and online application
College of Education and Human Ecology scholarship application information